Thursday, April 2, 2009

Anything but the meme...

I tried to hide, I tried to run, but the meme found me... aaaaaarrrrrhhhhhh....

Ah, who I am I kidding, I love being meme'd. Thanks Ysharros ;P

The Honest Scrap Awards

This award is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog content or design is, in the giver’s opinion, brilliant.

Apparently the rules are as follows:
  1. When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real.
  2. Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven friends. Show the seven random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
  3. List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!

Seven blogs I love to read (not including the ones that have already been meme'd):

Chappo Corner: Another Aussie with a fetish for MMORPGs. Most of my game design ideas are a direct result of of his blabbering. I probably should pay him some money one day :P

A Ding World: Sente has very similar tastes in MMOs to what I do, so his posts are always a pleasure to read. He also often posts info about upcoming MMOs or updates long before anyone else (and includes plenty of pics). Definitely worth a spot in the old RSS feeder.

Life is a Mind Bending Puzzle: Only by reading mbp's blog will you unravel the MMO mysteries which are the mind bending puzzles.

Ixobelle: As far as writing style goes, you cannot beat this guy. Every single post is entertaining to read and often makes me laugh. Ix doesn't beat around the bush when game design is concerned. Who knows, he may even be a game designer for Blizzard one day. Probably best to suck up now ;P

Dichotomy of the Gamers Blogosphere: When Openedge takes a break from blogging, he still churns out 3 posts a day. He has a passion for blogging and gaming that I don't think I could ever match.

Kill Ten Rats: An MMO blog run by a group of really talented authors. I won't pick favorites (/cough Ravious) :P This blog has everything except player housing... when will they learn??

Thallian and Anton's MMO and Random Rambles Blog: I like to think of these guys as Megaman (Thallian) and the main character form the Secret of Mana (Anton). They are building a game together, which I've already signed up for the closed beta. Hopefully I'll get a beta key ;P

10 honest things about me:
  1. I play basketball 3 nights of the week for 3 different teams. Tuesday's for 'B' grade, Wednesdays for 'D' grade, Thursdays for 'C' grade. I like to mix it up.
  2. I have two favorite movies (aside form SW and LotR) and they are both Manga: Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust and Nausicaa Valley of the Wind
  3. I didn't read a novel outside of school until I was 21 years old and my girlfriend purchased it for me. I now read a novel a week (or so). I've got approximately 80 Forgotten Realms books on my shelf to prove it. Funnily enough my girlfriend has a degree in Literature.
  4. I almost failed English at school, but graduated second highest in Mathematics. It was evident that I was going to become an engineer...
  5. I have a Software Engineering Degree with honours (yeah, yeah... show off). My major was in digital electronics, but I've never used that area of my education since I left Uni. I'm just a humble software programmer :)
  6. The very first game I ever purchased was Metroid on the NES. I still have it kept away, although the box has seen better days.
  7. My favourite games company is ArenaNet and I hope to one day work for them as a games designer.
  8. I grew up in the country and moved to the city (Melbourne, Australia) when I was about 15 years old.
  9. I learnt to drive at the age of 10. At the age of 14 I accidentally drove the farm truck into the dam. Strangely I pulled the handbrake on before swimming for it. Made my Dad's job 10 times harder when towing it out with the tractor. I got in so much trouble...
  10. I am 6 foot 1 inch tall and can make my goose bumps stand on end with a thought. It's a cool party trick ;)

5 comments:

Thallian said...

oh no! you got us too! have you no mercy!? Lol I didn't know you loved basketball and grew up on a farm, that's cool. My parents both grew up on farms.

Anton said...

Cool about the goosebumps thing...I can make my mouth water by thinking about kiwis, and I can independently move my pinky toes.
I'll try to come up with meme response on Thallian's and my blog when I haven't already been sitting around wasting half an hour when I should be getting to work.

Chappo said...

ALL THIS TIME?!?!?!
ITS OVER BETWEEN US

Crimson Starfire said...

@Thallian
Yeah I'm a farm boy. Didn't actually own my first computer until I was 17. Had a NES and a SNES though.

@Anton
Self induced mouth watering huh? that's pretty neat. I can also wiggle my ears ;)

@Chappo
Come on Chaps, old buddy, old pal. Don't be that way. Being a source of inspiration is almost as good as having the idea yourself...

almost... :P

mbp said...

Thank for the tagging Crimson. I will try to respond later after I get home from work. Of course the hard part of these memes is thinking up seven more people who haven't already been tagged. Ah well.