I looked around for an addon that would do this but the closest I could find was ClosetGoblin, which only really fulfilled half my requirement. So I did a bit or research and it turns out I could do the rest with some clever macro ninjoring. Now I have my two buttons and it is the greatest thing ever. It's so handy that I can't imagine playing without them. I figured that there must be others out there that shared the same pain as me, so here's the steps I took to create the 'mode buttons':
- Download the ClosetGoblin addon from Curse (you will also need LibSlash).
- Install both addons and then fire up WAR.
- Open the Closet Goblin window by typing the following command into chat:
- Create and set up two (or more) Closet Goblin sets (may require a lot of item shuffling):
I used 'Heal' and 'Dmg' as names, but you can call them anything you like.
- Open the main menu (press 'esc') and click 'Macros':
- Select one of the empty macro spaces and choose an icon and enter a name for your macro (e.g. 'Healing Mode').
- Enter the following into the 'Macro Text' section:
Note: there is no line break used in the above script. Replace the highlighted text with the number of the tactics set you wish to use and the name of the set from ClosetGoblin:
- Now click 'save' and drag the macro icon onto your skill bar:
- Repeat steps 6 to 8 for each mode button you wish to create.